Michael “Mojo“ Tchudi has been studying and engaging in spiritual practice consistently for over 15 years. His formal education began with Daoist meditation and healing arts at Heartwood Institute, where he studied clinical Chinese medicine, nutrition and herbs, and multiple bodywork modalities, as well as meditation and martial arts. While practicing as a natural health coach and tai chi instructor, his studies continued with formal yoga and Buddhist training under the personal guidance of experienced mentors, as well as Ayurveda and advanced aromatherapy certifications. He has participated in multiple spiritual “families,” lived in residential spiritual communities, and practiced several retreats, including a solitary 30-day retreat in his hand-built cabin on his family’s farm in rural northern California.
Mojo completed a Master of Arts in Buddhist Classics with an emphasis in Sanskrit translation at Dharma Realm Buddhist University in 2019. He then taught two years of ethics and world religion at Developing Virtue Secondary School at City of Ten Thousand Buddhas in Ukiah, California — the largest Buddhist monastery in the western hemisphere. He has taught Buddhist philosophy and practice at Diamond Light Tibetan Buddhist Group and Sky Creek Dharma Center. Mojo has presented at several conferences, including the Global Ayurveda Conference, Buddhism and East Asia Conference, This Way to Sustainability Conference, and Enlightened Experience Retreat.
Mojo is currently pursuing his second postgraduate degree, a Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling, at Saybrook University. He is a Counselor Trainee at SOS Community Counseling in Santa Rosa, California. He is also a Psychedelic Guide and Integration Coach at Mindbloom, working with clients using ketamine therapy to treat anxiety and depression. Mojo is dedicated to a helping vocation, and enjoys teaching and coaching one-on-one, in couples, and groups.
When Mojo is not studying or coaching clients, he enjoys kitchen projects with his partner, playing with his bonded-pair cats, drinking fine tea, and distilling aromatic herbs. He lives in Santa Rosa, California.
- B.A., Communications, The Evergreen State College, 2002
- Certification, Asian Healing Arts & Whole Foods Nutrition, Heartwood Institute, 2006
- Certification, Buddhism & Yoga Philosophy Teacher, Yoga Studies Institute, 2013
- Certification, Aromatic Botanical Medicine, Floracopeia, 2013
- M.A., Buddhist Classics, Dharma Realm Buddhist University, 2019
- M.A., Counseling, Saybrook University, expected graduation, 2023
- American Counseling Association
- Association for Comprehensive Energy Psychology
- Association for Spiritual, Ethical, and Religious Values in Counseling
- Redwood Empire branch of the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists.
For a fairly complete history of Mojo’s education and experience, see his C.V. on LinkedIn.